What is Bucket List
A bucket list is a list of things that a person wants to do or accomplish before they die. The term “kick the bucket” is an idiom meaning to die, so a bucket list contains goals and dreams that someone wants to achieve while they are still alive.
Some common items on a bucket list can include:
- Traveling to specific destinations like visiting all 7 continents or backpacking across Europe
- Taking part in exciting experiences like skydiving, running a marathon, or climbing a mountain
- Achieving major life goals like getting a dream job, starting a family, or buying a home
- Trying new foods or learning new skills
- Seeing certain natural wonders of the world
- Attending major events like the Olympics or a World Cup
- Doing daring activities like swimming with sharks or bungee jumping
The concept of a bucket list gained popularity after the 2007 movie “The Bucket List” starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman as two terminally ill men who set out to complete their bucket lists together. Creating a bucket list can be a fun way to give you motivation and a sense of purpose to go out and have new life experiences while you are able.
What is Fall Bucket List?
A fall bucket list is a list of fun activities, destinations, and goals someone wants to accomplish during the autumn season. Here are some common items that could be on a fall bucket list:
- Go apple picking – Visit an apple orchard, pick your own apples, and enjoy apple cider donuts and other treats.
- Make pumpkin-flavored goods – Bake pumpkin bread, pies, cookies, etc. or try pumpkin-flavored coffees and beers.
- Go leaf peeping – Take a drive to see the beautiful fall foliage at its peak colors. Popular leaf peeping spots include Vermont, New Hampshire, and national parks.
- Hike to see fall colors – Get out on walking trails and hikes to enjoy the autumn scenery up close.
- Visit a corn maze – Get lost and have fun in an intricate corn or hedge maze. Many have additional activities like hayrides.
- Have a bonfire – Gather friends and family outdoors around a cozy fall bonfire to roast marshmallows and tell stories.
- Decorate for fall – Adorn your home with wreaths, pumpkins, and other autumnal décor.
- Go to a haunted house – Get frights and screams at a haunted house attraction or haunted hayride.
- Carve pumpkins – Carve jack-o-lanterns and display them for Halloween. Roast the seeds for a snack.
- Drink hot apple cider – Warm up with a steaming cup of fresh apple cider, a quintessential fall drink.
- Make chili or soup – Cook up a batch of hearty chili, potato soup, or butternut squash soup.
- Go on a nature walk – Look for falling leaves, migrating birds, and other signs of fall.
Fall Bucket List Ideas
Here are 20 ideas for a fall bucket list:
- Go apple picking and get cider donuts
- Make caramel apples
- Decorate your home with fall wreaths, garlands, and pumpkins
- Bake an apple or pumpkin pie from scratch
- Go on a hayride
- Visit a corn maze or pumpkin patch
- Go hiking to see fall foliage
- Have a bonfire and make s’mores
- Drink apple cider and hot chocolate
- Make chili or butternut squash soup
- Carve jack-o-lanterns
- Visit a local farm during harvest season
- Check out a fall festival or county fair
- Make baked goods using pumpkin puree
- Tour a historic mansion decorated for autumn
- Have a movie marathon of classic fall films
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Try new fall beer flavors like pumpkin or October fest lagers
- Bake an autumn treat like pumpkin bread or apple crisp
- Curl up with a cozy blanket and read a book while sipping tea
Printable Fall Bucket List
These are three printable bucket lists. You can download for your personal use in PDF by using below button.